View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
How does Montana maintain their fish stocks when they see incredible amounts of pressure. Probably by not allowing culverts and dusty roads all over the slopes! They have allowed all types of resource extraction with basically no real consequence! This infuriates me! I’ll be swinging by my MLA office.
Comparing Montana to Alberta trout fisheries is an Apples to Oranges comparison.

As stated earlier in this thread, Montana's native trout in freestone streams are really not doing that well either,,, Most of Montana's blue ribbon fishery are based primarily on introduced rainbows and browns in tailwater fisheries and spring creeks.

We have far fewer miles of these type of stable prime trout habitat in Alberta. The large majority of Alberta's trout freestone streams subject to wide variance in seasonal flows and temperatures.

Also in Montana's favour is milder winters which translates to significantly less winterkill than here in Alberta hence Montana's streams will have a naturally higher carrying capacity.