View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Well, I never thought of it that way. I still wouldn't want any of my "favourite" lakes changed to C&R where I can already catch bigger fish though. How about Morinville Rez? I'll give up that one!
I see what you are saying.
I spose if I was more into eating my catch I may feel similar but it all depends on the lake lol. Some of My Fav lakes have smaller fish, but I love em for different reasons ie:scenery, non-crowded, if I'm boating or not, etc etc. However, I'd sacrifice one of em to CnR for sure, if it meant bigger fish. Not all of em though. There's gotta be a happy medium I reckon. Gotta leave some lakes for the kiddies to wrangle some easy small panfrys.
But in the end, I'll take the long day on the water in hopes of landing a huge fish over a gazillion lil fishies anyday. Tis why I love river fishn and love me sturg I'm glad the mercury level is high in the SSR, lotsa people won't eat the fish in there, so back into the water they go, to get larger and larger, and eventually come my way, to be caught, and released, again
(Srry got a lil off topic there ha!)