View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 AM

I had a 96 F-150 regular cab long box. Straight six, manual lock hubs, manual transmission and manual 4x4. A truck that would never leave you in the bush. It had 180,000 km on it. In 2005 I was working and had a company vehicle. (I had it in 2003 actually but the point of this story takes place in 2005) The truck had not moved in almost 2 years and yard rot was setting in. I cleaned it up, put in a new battery and attempted to sell it. Tons of tire kickers. I was asking $4000 and nobody would even offer me anything over $1000. Finally I got ****ed off and sent it to Richie Bros with a few pieces of iron my employer was selling. $4500, minus fees. A week later a cheque arrived in the mail for $50 more than I was asking ($4050) hoping to get realistically $3200-$3500.

Then within the month I quit/fired (still not sure which happened. The owner and I get along much better today than when I was working directly for him as now I work for him occasionally through my current employer since that day.) from that job and wish I had kept that truck. I still do.