View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:53 PM
AO Sponsor

Skinning varies. Depends upon the dawg and condition it is in, hot,cold, stiff, size, age, fat content vs x-lean/dry. Just skinning proper kiyute or fresh/hot, people like me can skin regularly at 3 minutes and some under 2 minutes. I have a video of kiyute cartel member A.P. at 1:25 but small coyote. His two bestest buddies same calibre. I think Garrett Patton got timed at 1:37or 1:34 at trapper convention but with an adult coyote, but nice one to skin. Same contest my first time beat his first time, is individual coyote dependant, but 1:30 something was the winner. Lotsa guys are capable of this, especially guys who skin mass quantities for furbuyers as in 2000-5000 between 2 or 3 guys. Beasley had a guy one winter that wanted $$$$$$ and skinned his whole collection that winter… smoothest skinner i ever witnessed peel in my life and he did everything manually, as in no winch. Lucky dawg tho fleshed everything on a fleshing machine and stretched hide out so no turning combing or even washing. Ugliness in the raw but perfection once dressed.
GFW has a crew of Mexican skinners that will burn thru 500+ in a day. Each guy has a job, production line, one guy peels. Sounds batty to the uninitiated, i know but whatever.

Anyways, not all coyotes are 2 or three minutes, some are tough, and takes time to turn skin and haul carcass out the door, hang, unhang. Some tough suckers at 5 minutes even 6?