View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
To be honest, the crooks don't worry me nearly as much as the great many truly incompetent folks working as investment advisors. The amount of bad advice, being given out in good faith, is staggering and expensive for those listening to it. The number of portfolios I have reviewed in the past few years, setup along conventional Conservative investor lines and usually comprised of mutual funds with high fees, that have produced staggeringly small returns for decades is truly amazing.

I really don't understand how people can see 1 to 4% gains, and in some cases losses, over a long period of time, and yet they still keep dealing with the same advisor.

It is why I still post on this thread regularly in hopes of getting quality and balanced information into the hands of the average investor. At least then they have an idea of what they should be seeing for results and returns. Hopefully it gives them a balanced point of view versus what they are getting fed by their advisor. No one should accept average growth of less than 5% a year over a 3 year period or you might as well be 100% in GICs or Gov Bonds.
Since following Dean's strategy we have made more RRSP money in six months than we did in 4 years with a so called "Financial Advisor". The dividend reinvestment is HUGE in investment gains!!

Thanks again Dean for allowing us and AO Members to benefit from your insight!!!!