View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:41 PM

Default 2020 - 2021 Hard Water Season Starts Here with 333 posts & 93,157 views .............

It’s W/W tying time, needed to make a few spares that worked really well last year.

I normally tie two W/W’s on each rod, the smaller on top and normally the brighter color on the bottom.

When sight fishing this helps locate my presentations in deeper or murky water conditions.

One day last year I was in 5-6 fow & had quite a few Whites show interest in my larger brass W/W with glass bead, but kept missing it.

Decided to change up and put on a smaller brass W/W (1530 #10) with no bead, that made all the difference.

Got my P/B White on this simple brass W/W that’s a bit smaller in overall size, however, it has a nice sized hook shank and it hangs perfectly horizontal.

(Go back to bottom of Page 10 - Post 297 for a tip on how to tie 2 - W/W's so they sit perfectly horizontal, I use both 6 & 8 lb Floro.)

Made a few starting from the eye as well the shank end of the hook, depends if your adding bling or not.

I find I can get a tighter more even wrap when I start from the shank, use whatever technique works for you.

A few pic’s & tips that may help if your mfg your own creations.

Cheers

David

These Daiichi’s 1530 - #10 work great if you can find them.

Start your wrap from the Eye.

This Pattern produced my biggest White ever.

See .... just under 20".

Starting from the Hook Shank.

Something Different in a Wire Rope.

Hot creation of mine – Brown Wire with Glass Bead from Cat 6 Computer Cable.

That should get some of you excited …..