View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 07:59 PM

Fishin Tip .... I normally fish two W/W's on 1 rod, dark color on top & bright color down bottom, this past week I noticed the Whites looked a bit confused they would go after the top & miss it and then sometimes try the bottom & miss it and then move on. To consistently catch Whites it requires some finesse in your technique went you catch 1 or 2 and miss lots.

Went home and made a few new W/W's and downsized my hook, used less wraps of wire which helped the W/W sit horizontal & Mr. White could inhale it from either side & I got more or better hook sets.

If your in a fly fishin shop and see the Daiichi # 1530 - Sz 10, I highly recommend you pick some up. If you decide to tie 2 of this size W/W's on 1 rod & you notice the Whites won't commit or turn at the last second, then pull your clippers out & remove the bottom one or cut them both off & tie on the one they show the most interest in.

This size of hook with a shorter shank in #10 is now my new favorite, perhaps because it got me my P/B White this year.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

D.