View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 AM

Default Wish I could hunt in JNP

Yes Kurt, I have the phone number to Parks Canada Jasper office: 780-852-6176. I asked to speak to the First Nations Liaison; his name is Mark Young.

I also have the phone number of the Simpcw FN based out of Barriere: 250-672-9995.

I encourage anyone to get in touch and make your feelings known, as well as talking to your local MLA and MP.

I believe that the Simpcw crossed a line with the trophy quality of animals that were harvested. I think that this issue may have traction and resonate with most of the non-hunting public, but needs to be raised intelligently and tactfully to avoid the anti-FN perception.

As hunters, there is a certain amount of irony that the public sees in our complaints of another group doing (what appears on the surface) to be the very same thing that we're doing. I.E: killing animals.

It is up to us to educate and avoid further polarization of non-hunters. Not an easy task but one that requires patience and time. At the risk of getting on a soap box, we need to strive to become better ambassadors of our way of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk