View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
I like the idea of a rangefinder as a one and done. Like you said for that type of hunting size/ weight is a big consideration. I like to keep my monocular in my left hand attached around my wrist then when shooting I just drop it and let it hang while I grip the forestock. How do you typically carry your binos? Recently I started using a bino bag( mostly to protect the binos...not sure how much I love it yet) but I used to strap them on my right shoulder and let them hang under my left arm. I also have a diy ultra light harness I made with elastic cord that works great.
Right now I use a Vortex harness with mine, I usually wear them under my hunting vest to keep the snow off them. The harness makes carrying the heavy bino's easyer but I find using actually using the bino's to be less convenient. With lighter binoculars I will probably go back to using a neck strap.

I don't think I'd like a bino bag most of the time, I pretty much need my binoculars convenient, and glassing is generally done in short sporadic bursts. Usually with the rifle in one hand and the glass in the other.