View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Yeah, maybe I will. By then I will probably have bought a pair though! Price range is a tough one for me, because I will go many seasons without them really playing any roll in my success. I've got pretty good "game eyes" at woods ranges, and usually a decision has to be made without giving the headgear a detailed glassing... that said, I can think of more than a few instances where they were vital. Basically, if I'm going to be packing them a hundred kilometers or so between situations where they are actually important, then I think the emphasis should be on portability more than anything else.
I like the idea of a rangefinder as a one and done. Like you said for that type of hunting size/ weight is a big consideration. I like to keep my monocular in my left hand attached around my wrist then when shooting I just drop it and let it hang while I grip the forestock. How do you typically carry your binos? Recently I started using a bino bag( mostly to protect the binos...not sure how much I love it yet) but I used to strap them on my right shoulder and let them hang under my left arm. I also have a diy ultra light harness I made with elastic cord that works great.