Thread: Pheasant Season
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
My old pheasant dog got a nice surprize this morning when walking around the yard with me the release truck pulled into the yard. Mahko jumped up on the back of the flatbed to thank Bob for bringing him 90 crated roosters. His joy was short lived however when I kenneled him before a single rooster made if off the truck. Only 4 or 5 trucks at Hopewell this morning and these guys were actually well away from the road hunting with their dogs not waiting for the friggin truck.
Good to hear considering I hear so many horror stories about Hopewell. I used to see people sitting around waiting for the truck at Buffalo Lake before they started the random releases, but things have been very smooth at Daysland and Buffalo Lake, over the past few years. ACA has been doing a good job with the releases, but yes, it sometimes it appears that certain people have inside information as to the release schedule, but it is sometimes as simple as one person living by the site seeing the truck driving by, and calling their friends.