Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:55 AM

I went to Accurate Archery yesterday and shot some of the new bows again. I have to say that the new Hoyt Redwrx turbo is a pretty great shooting bow! I shot it beside my Carbon Defiant Turbo, and it definitely is as nice or nicer, depending on what you are looking for in a bow! There is a huge difference in draw cycle as well as overall balance point. The grip is nicer (in my opinion) as well. It's not as quiet as the CDT though.

Also tried out the new Prime offering, and I gotta say it's a pretty nice bow too! It is very quiet and dead in the hand. That being said, its Ibo speed is 15 fps slower than the other 2 I shot, so it's hard to compare. It's quite a blocky looking bow too, kinda like a Halon rip-off.

Bottom line, go try some bows out! Pro shops are extremely open to letting people try them! If they aren't, go somewhere else! After you have tried them, go home and do some more research on the ones you liked and didn't like, and why. Then you can make a decision based on likes and dislikes, pros and cons. This is how you will end up with a bow that you shoot well and that you will be happy with.

Good luck in your search, and remember not to be in a hurry to buy one!

Norm