View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 12:51 AM

I bought like 6 or so 12v batteries of a guy on a Facebook group for $5 each. There the same size as the flasher ones. I was looking to find one of those cheap ones without a battery.
Plus I use a vaporizer and have plenty of 18650 lithium ion cells around. I salvaged a bunch from laptop batteries too. Just need to spot weld tab on them. Made my own with guts from a microwave oven and YouTube.
In fact I ordered a IR security camera off deal extreme for $5-$10 and had plans on making my own ‘ebay fishing camera’ with just parts I have already. 14” screen to boot.
Then I found a Marcum VS380 in a package deal, and shelves to whole plan. I have a couple rear view cameras now also, which I think would be even better with the fisheye type lens, for more viewing angle.
However I honestly never bring the camera. It gets too much, and either too murky to see, or too dark. I figure if it’s light enough to see around then it’s too bright for walleye. The best I’ve gotten is a bite come out of the near blackness of dusk, and a flash of him turning to fight.
Considering all the time I put into getting that shot, it’s just not worth the work to me.
Now, clear lakes for pike, whites, trout and such, there awesome.
I almost always fish alone and even when I’m not, my guest is a tit, so doing everything myself leave me only time to fish.
Long ass story short if your handy, you could rig up one of these for peanuts, nifty case included. Yet setting it all up will cost you a catch or 2, and maybe a couple grey hairs. And if your not in a tent their impossible to see.
Best rig I had was a GoPro and an IPad. Wifi via antenna cable. Great picture. I made a tobacco tub look like a rock, grade 3 style, and the camera on top, and gravel inside. Aquarium weed decor around the antenna and cable. Only issue is a second or two delay from the wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk