View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 03:12 PM

Tks all for the positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
WOW Zip that is awesome. Very nice! Are your corner posts floating?

Ken …. I had to match the existing decks otherwise I would of gone with PVC posts/materials. That said, I drilled 2 pilot holes from beneath into the composite & the post and used 6” Galv. Lag Bolts/Screws and compressed air tools to screw them into the bottom of the post, then I used the 2x6 x14” plate to secure them & post in place. I used clear 2x6 cedar vs pressure treated for the top & bottom rails, stronger & cedar absorbs stain vs pressure treated spruce, so didn’t have to worry about pealing or flaking top boards. Since I did all the work myself, clamps were my best helper, even used tie down straps as clamps between the two posts to level the top rails then predrilled, counter sunk and screwed in each rail/post perfectly level.

The deck has no bounce at all it’s sitting on 3 laminated 2”x12”x12’ built 16” oc. Yes with the hot July 32C temps you’re feet’s can get hot, it’s somewhat like walking on asphalt, you walk very quickly, barefoot. Just happy I don’t live in Palm Springs or Phoenix during the summer where it’s 106F today.

A few more pic’s

David

My Gofor Apprentice, each day he quit after about an hour.

Deck with a view – # 18 Sylvan Lake G&CC

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 06-25-2019 at 03:17 PM.