View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
A thought:
A little looking on-line can find many many hundreds of stories like these with experiences of their exceptional warranty. Which raises a couple points in my mind.

Why are there so very many warranty claims?
Why can they easily replace so many units without question and still remain a profitable company?
Perhaps it is because they sell cheaply made junk for much more than any of it is worth.
I understand your reasoning. With my rangefinder, any decent rangefinder at the time was a similar price. I actually think the quality of the Vortex was awesome, I didn't baby it AT ALL. I was actually really rough on it.

You will also notice almost every other manufacturer has gone to lifetime warranty now, so it can't be hurting profits that much.

I have 2 thoughts about it.

1) Vortex has been very aggressive with advertising and sponsorship and their VIP warranty is part of that. It seems to be working, they have a huge share of the market now which allows them to build in much bigger quantities allowing for lower cost of manufacturing.

2) Once you have good "feelings" about a company, people will often remain loyal from then on. Think of the warranty as a way to ensure future purchases.