View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Get over yourself... Give your head a shake, step down off that high-horse and think about it without using your ego.

I highly doubt any newly licensed firearms owner is gonna search the Hunting Reg's for "shooting laws", unless they have some prior knowledge or acre actually interested in hunting too.

Why would they, THEY AREN'T HUNTING !!!

Weird thing to say. A newly licensed firearms owner would have taken a firearms safety course (otherwise, he/she would be an unlicensed firearms owner) where they talk about it. I know because I took one a few years ago. It is also in the book they give you when you take the course. I also asked the instructor if a quad is considered to be a vehicle because I saw people shooting grouse right off their quads on a few occasions prior to that. You don’t need to be hunter, but you have to take the course in order to legally buy a firearm. The course is not perfect but they surely cover this part and I clearly remember it. Again, the course is not a requirement for a hunter, but is a for those who want to become a firearm(s) owner.

Yes, people break this law because they don’t know and others because they do but don’t care or think they would not get caught. The majority, obviously, does not get caught. Some learn as they go. I know a guy whose windshield cracked pretty badly when he fired a shot at an elk. He missed the elk, but was out $300-400 at least to replace the windshield.

On a side note, I know a guy who thought that you are alowed to hunt only half an hour before sunrise and half an hour after sunset. He spent his whole first season hunting this way. He then tried to convince me he was right and I was wrong when I told him that he can hunt in between those hours too.