View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 09:57 AM

I did try out a K Drill a few years ago. I thought it was pretty cool at the time but being fairly new on the market I hesitated to buy one since it was early and there was not many out there yet. I like the lite part for hauling out on my sled. The float on a K Drill is comforting too and the newer style are using discs instead. I have heard stories of guys losing their flytes down the hole. I wasnt convinced totally on cutting speed of K Drill with the chipper blades. Hence I have waited and glad I did. Talked to a few guys that bought a Pistol bit last year and said they worked very well and addressed a few issues and improvements. I see them all working very well but also remember your drill will also have a big affect on how the drills will work and how many holes you will get. It also depends where you fish and thickness of the ice. Us south guys seldom get more than 2 feet of ice 3 on a cold year and guys up north or Lake Wpg as example can get 4 ft or more where gas still makes more sense. Just my opinion from what I have tried and others have passed on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwackwabbit View Post
Saw that thx.

Still looking for feedback from those that have used this style. Specifically the ones I asked above.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Scott.