View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemoredog View Post
Sorry to hijack, but I'm also very keen on accessing this lake and avoiding the prohibitive cost of the lodge (around $5,000 CAD per person I believe).
Perhaps we got lucky, but we booked in Dec of 2008 (so during/right after the financial collapse) for a spring 2009 trip and they were advertising reduced rates. If memory serves me, it was approx $2500 for 5 days. So $ 500/day which is about the average daily rate of a Bow River guide I think. We had to get ourselves to Hinton/Jasper airport.

We flew in early afternoon on 1st day and flew out late afternoon on Friday. So those 2 days we got partial fishing in. Other 3 days were full days of fishing (as much as you can handle).

We were lucky, as my brother and I were the only ones staying at the lodge that week. A couple of float planes did land and camp across the lake.

What you might want to do is contact the Operator and provide them your contact details. Then if they have a last minute cancellation or 1 spot remaining to fill the plane/chopper, maybe you can get a reduced rate (a win/win situation for both parties). No guarantee, but worth a shot...