View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Quite right. We do have to start somewhere. Seems to me we already have in terms of solar and wind power. Rachel has basically shut down our coal fired power plants, ( some of the cleanest and most efficient on the planet ) at huge cost to Alberta. Maybe Jason will reverse that plan, time will tell. There are getting to be more and more electric vehicles on the road all the time. These things all take time. The electrical grid would blow up if we suddenly plugged in every vehicle in the country each night. This carbon tax is just that, A TAX. All it really does is financially hamstring our country when competing in the global market. The U.N. is a bunch of hot air wind bags, jet setting the globe, slurping up champagne and caviar. Oh yes, adding hugely to green house gasses as well. Absolutely no disrespect to any of our service personnel that may have served on U.N. missions. Ask Romeo Dallaire what he thinks of the U.N.? They ordered him to do nothing while watching about a million people being butchered in Rwanda. The U.S., China and India generate approximately 60% of all green house gasses. Until they are on board anything Canada does is nothing more than symbolic at best. J.M.H.O.
I don't know why you are going off on the UN. I really don't care. I was simply pointing out that they were bringing forwards information from someone actually doing his/her jobs. I.e. a scientist. Not the UN itself.

The rest, all your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm sure the next generation will take the action that this generation did not. They will have to once it is a real crisis.