View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
WOW some of you guys are really out to anti lunch when it comes to your take on handguns...

Me I totally support remote wilderness are open/CCW handgun carry for defense & hunting and CCW anywhere.

Just over 9 years ago I received my first of 4 remote area handgun carry permits started carrying a Colt Delta Elite 10mm then a Glock 20 10mm then 2 Ruger Bisley Vaquero's in 45 Colt a S&W 629 in 44mag and the last 2 years of my permits two Ruger Super Redhawks in 454 Casull.

My permits were good for 7 years all together and covered me for all remote wilderness areas of BC and the last 2 years of my permits I was also covered for all remote wilderness areas of Alberta as well this was while I worked as a self-employed freeminer (prospector)...

Only reason I let it expire is I took the last 2 + years off to stay home with my now 4 1/2 year old son I will be renewing my permit in Jan or feb of next year for all of BC again.

At one time I was legally allowed to transport 6 handguns to my remote area camps could only carry one at a time though.

So for those of you that are spewing against handgun carry get your heads out of your *sses you obviously do not have a fre*king clue about the reality of handgun carry I'm figuring you have no experiences handguns and have sucked in all of the emotional anti spewing that you have been exposed too.

What is considered a remote carry area in Alberta?