View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:59 AM

I got one for this topic, Last season A buddy and myself were sitting on a cut block. We had our truck parked at the entrance of the road so it very obvious that we were in there. So after about an hour of sitting on a pile of deadfall in the middle of the cutblock a young wt buck walks out. We watched him feed for about five minutes when out of nowhere a pickup speeds around our parked truck and three guys jump out and proceed to fire three shots at this buck in our general direction. Us absolutely stunned approach the guys as they go approach their "prize" and simple asked them what they where thinking!!!!! Their response floored me they said " we haven't seen a deer all day, and we didn't think anyone was in here so what would you have done?" What would I have done!!! haha shocked. Now we had no intention of shooting this deer this wasn't the issue, the issue was the fact that they showed a complete lack of respect for the safety of other hunters in the area! Funny part is we saw this group the next day and they proceeded to flag us down as if nothing had happened!
Really makes a guy stop and think about the safety and realize how every year hunting "accidents" take place, when really they can be avoided with nothing more then a little common sense.