View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM

I agree, there is nothing more irratating than a ruined hunt because of a disrespectful hunter.

Just this past holiday Monday I was going to check out some fields on crown land, accessable by a sweet dirt road thru some mixed willow and poplar stands, really good for ruffies. The road dead ended at the fields, about 3 or 4 kms in. Well, we're driving slowly in, saw one ruffie, my brother fired at it with the .22 and missed ( ) it flew away, so we keep going. All of a sudden in the rear view here comes a Jeep fast, and I mean fast, keep in mind this is a narrow dirt road, and he comes RIGHT UP TO MY BUMPER, and just stays there. Now this is crown land, so no land owner problems, and he wasn't making any motions to stop me. When I get to the first field I pull over, hoping to have a chat with the guy, he gives a causal wave, and takes off ahead of me!!! I was so ****ed off. That, in my opinion, is an arrogant disrespectful fellow hunter. I should have chased him down, who knows, he probably had an animal on the ground and was returning with a freshly purchased tag and was in a hurry to get there before me.

Either way, I can't stand this type of thing, thankfully I hunt a lot of private land and don't run into this situation too often.