View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta_Redneck View Post
I’ve personally had a ttsx fail to open. It was a 100gr bullet fired from my 257 wby mag. Impact velocity would have been in the 3400fps range. It was a broadside shot on a whitetail buck. Entry was behind the front shoulder and I found the bullet in the far side shoulder. I know other people have great luck with them but I sure didn’t. The buck required tracking for about an hour with very little blood. I was lucky and we had fresh snow. I shoot accubonds in every other rifle I own and have never had a failure, so I’ll stick with them. It could very well have been a one-off experience but that was enough for me.

]
There is no perfect bullet made, and EVERY bullet type has had failures, the Partition included .
I came close to losing a deer last year because something went wrong with a famous brand and style of bullet, something that should never have happened, and I out it down to a once in a lifetime thing.
That one bad experience will not stop me from using them in any cartridge I use them in.
Cat