View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I really like Barnes bullets and use lots of them, but there is no perfect bullet. In all the animals I have shot with them we have never had a problem recovering one and most have never moved more than a few yards from where first hit but only a couple literally dropped in their tracks, one deer and one Elk. That said, Hornady Interlocks create much more internal damage out of the same gun at the same velocity. Also remember we are talking Accubonds, not Ballistic tips, there is a very big difference in how those two perform. The Interlocks also create more drop in place kills than the TSX type bullets do.

Hit wrong, it doesn't matter what kind of bullet you use you are going to have problems. I always get a kick out of people that say, I won't use a 243 on large game because you have to be too sure you are making a good shot and I don't want to pass up the X of a life time; the part these guys miss is if you shouldn't take the shot with a 243, there is no bigger gun that is going to turn that shot into a good and ethical opportunity, same for bullets.
There is a lot of good things to be said about a good, heavy for caliber bullet... about as much as there is about larger calibers. Best to plan on things going marginally wrong with shot placement rather than "perfect" every time. Less than a chosen few will guarantee absolute accuracy every time.
Learning the hard way is still better than not learning at all. My $.02