View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielbo View Post
Thanks. I was lucky in that my Dad taught me to respect the resource and the land where you hunt and fish. Now that my kids are older, I usually have one or both with me when fishing and I want to set the same example. We were at Pine Coulee Reservoir last month and it was depressing to see so much garbage laying around. Someone had tossed their packaging (from lures) right on the ground, chip bags and monofilament was everywhere. The latter is not only garbage but it's dangerous for wildlife. Fish and birds can get tangled in it and it's also not good for them to ingest any. We picked up all of it when we left but I was annoyed that someone was so inconsiderate.

When dealing with property owners you always have to keep in mind they are the ones doing you the favor if they allow you on their land. So you got to look out for it and try and leave it as good or better than when you arrived. Pick up garbage. Let them know if you spot a hole in a fence or predators near their livestock, etc. Park where they tell you. Tread lightly.

Anyways, where do you live SNAPfisher so I can come over and fish? Lol. Cheers.
Good man! And dad

Near Devon so it is creek that connects to the NSR. So the traffic is not anglers which I would be fine welcoming those that are respectful. The war has been against quadders and trespasses in general (bad ones that is). Trespassing includes starting campfires, shooting guns (some semi automatic), and worse offenses including drug-use. Quadders want access to the creek to do whatever they please - night and day. That is all done and gone after years of fighting it. Fish are returning slowly - the odd small sucker. But, the damage is done and the section near the NSR remains unchecked. Truly a sad story and misuse of a creek that was once a thriving spawning bed for so many types of NSR fish.

Should also mention F&W officers as another group involved. They can add on some bigger fines then just trespassing. A landowner needs to address issues holistically and with support, including neighbors. Even those that don't support the same view. It's been a journey!