View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Probably gonna get BBQ'd for this but here it goes. Frankly I see no need for high capacity magazines, nor do I see a need for assult style weapons. If they banned all assault styled weapons and high capacity magazines it wouldn't make any differance to us hunters who don't use either. I don't have a problem with certain guns being taken off the shelves and treated like restricted weapons. I have been hunting for the better part of 40 years and I have yet to see the need for an assult rifle with a +10 round magazine in the field. Assult rifles were designed with one purpose in mind that purpose has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sport of hunting.
First of all, by definition,any rifle that does not have fully automatic capability, is not an assault rifle. Secondly, the style of a firearm does not make it any more dangerous. An AR-15 is no more dangerous than a mini 14, but the AR is banned because it looks like an assault rifle.

As for the purpose of firearms existing, why do you think that they were developed in the first place.