View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
Dean your leaving 200 FPS on the table. Barnes has that bullet pushing 3300 FPS in their manual.

I load the 130 ttsx in my 30-06 and send it at a bit over 3300 FPS. The biggest thing I’ve shot with it was a moose at about 150 yards. It broke the onside shoulder, left a fist sized hole through the lungs and went out the far side. I never found any of the bullet but it did the job and the moose went straight down.
I agree, I was trying to to keep the 130 conservative, and I am also aware that Barnes shows the 165 TSX at a max 2830 like Hodgdon. I actually shoot my 130s at 3200 fps and there is no pressure signs at all. Bumping the 130 TSX to 3300 would make the comparison even more stark but even with a very conservative 3100 fps the point is easily made.

Jayhad

I agree about the Mossberg build quality. I suggested to the OP in my first post that he send the gun back as there is something wrong with it. I too have heard of many of the Mossbergs, not just in 308, that would not should heavier bullets well. These are not a quality built gun and even in their price range there are a bunch of better built guns, but the OP may be stuck with what he has so the best we can do is try to help out as much as possible.