View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
Are you talking in circles because you can’t formulate an opinionated rebuttal or for some other reason? The hurt feelings comment had nothing to do with you so don’t feel obligated to respond to that part of the post. Most of what you said I’m not willing to engage the way you laid it out but I will comment on the bit about buying someone else’s problem.
Always a possibility but pretty unlikely. Especially if it’s bought off someone on here or gunnutz from someone who’s got enough feedback to prove they don’t screw people over. I would suggest a newbie could happily buy a new build model 70 and have a better rifle then a budget level savage. The last model 70 I got was one of the baco built CRF rifles. All up with a set of dies and about 200 pieces of once fired brass cost me less then $500 and it was a beautiful rifle. Just to heavy for me to want to pack around so it got sold. There are plenty of good deals going around if a guy looks.
I am not talking in circles, look at how a Mark V is constructed, and how many are produced and it's not hard to understand why it costs more to produce. As well, since some people consider it to be a prestigious model, they can charge more for it. As for used rifles being someone else's problem, often when a particular rifle produces sub standard accuracy, the owner simply sells it . It doesn't mean that the rifle isn't safe to use, but it may simply be a lemon accuracy wise. Or the crown gets dinged, and accuracy is gone. Or the barrel gets badly fouled, and the owner can't get it clean with Hoppes #9, so they sell it. And then there are rifles that people tried to bed or adjust the trigger, and things didn't go so well, so they sold the rifle. I have come across several used rifles with issues , some that were easily fixed, some weren't, but most issues are easy to see of a person knows what to look for. But a new shooter isn't likely going to know what to look for.