View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
I’ve been on here long enough to know you’ve got nothing against the tikka.

I’ve never owned and will probably never own a weatherby. They don’t do it for me with the expedition of the older MXll .22 but unfortunately they’re not known for their accuracy and I’ve already got the most accurate .22 I’ve seen. The point of me bringing the mark V up was they’re far more refined then the howa built vanguard. Most companies have a budget line and their flagship line and the two are not the same quality. Accuracy, well that’s hit or miss with any rifle but usually the more you spend the more you expect. There is a lot more to owning a rifle then accuracy alone (I know without accuracy I won’t be owning any specific rifle) and I expect a lot more refinement in what I’m willing to pack in the bush then anything a budget line will offer.

Panties are knotted and guys are feeling insecure, I get it. Moral of my story (opinion?). Buy quality the first time. If you have a budget you’ll get more for your money on the used market then you will new. Get an idea of what you want and wait for the right deal.
More money does not always mean more quality, it can also mean more expensive to produce, or it can mean paying a huge surcharge for a certain model that supposedly brings more prestige. Yes used rifles can be a much better value, but a person that has never owned a rifle likely doesn't know what to look out for in used rifles. He could get a great deal, but he could just as easily end up with someone else's problem.