View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
No I’m not. I haven’t shouldered a tikka since about 2001 or 2002 and it wasn’t a t3 nor was it a synthetic stock. It was a nice “enough” rifle but built before the t3 line. I have no idea the quality of the new t3 as I know I don’t like them and wouldn’t let the thing ride in the front of my truck if I won it by accident in a raffle. The vanguard I played with back in about 2003/4 might not of been an S2 as i don’t keep up with their models. I decided then and there the vanguard was junk and I haven’t held one since. If the t3x and s2 vanguard are comparable I would say they’re both junk and yet a lot of people love the tikka. Now a weatherby mark v is another story...

Are you suggesting budget rifles are as well built as the mid to upper end rifles in a company’s production line? There’s a reason they’re inexpensive. Buying cheap, new and inexpensive doesn’t work for me. I prefer finding used quality at a reasonable price.
I have owned two Vanguards, two Mark 5s and four T-3s. My Mark V rifles were the least accurate of them all, and the T-3s were the most accurate. Although the Mark V rifles normally cost twice as much, I would have felt just as comfortable carrying the Vanguards or the T-3s while hunting big game.