View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:42 PM

I have been an Alberta Conservation and Hunter Education for almost 10 years. The online course is a great substitute for those individuals who can not connect with instructors in there area but it is no substitute for an actual course. In order to run a course it must be a minimum of 20 hours where the students learn all sorts of different aspect to hunting and conservation. The hands on learning that takes place is not available from the online version. If i was a parent I would make my child attend a course. I have had many students with learning disabilites and I try and accomadate by providing readers and so forth. The real issue about cheating does not revolve around how the course is delivered but how many people just lie on their WIN applications and say they have taken the course. I am sure that AHEIA keeps records of who takes the course but do F&W ever check these records???? My experience with AHEIA has been great as they truly believe their motto of " Making wildlife and wildplace part of the value system of all Albertans".