View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisebuck View Post
My blr won’t handle max reloads so and I may be wrong, but won’t reloading for a bolt action 7mm .08 be a better performer than my current loads for the .308? I don’t have a chronometer so I can’t tell you my current loads performance but if I recall correctly it’s 180 grain Nosler ballistic silver tips with 43 grains of imr powder. Not home right now so don’t remember the specific powder. Average loads I know cause max stripped a gear in it years ago ( another story)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Im pretty sure your blr bolt lockup lugs should be taking the pressure of the load, not your lever gears. I dont have a blr though, someone else may know different.

All man-made things will have their faults. Hopefully you can find a gun and cartridge combo you trust and enjoy.
Nyksta is right, the BLR has a rotating bolt that locks up like a bolt action. Do you mean it was so tight when you fired that it was a struggle to eject the brass?

Just because you aren't using the "max" amount of powder doesn't mean you aren't hitting those maximum velocities. Velocity follows powder burn characteristics, case capacity and pressure fairly closely. If you had a chronograph, you would be able to approximate where "maximum" is by velocity achieved.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!