View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Wish I could do it this year but I will have to wait. This is definitely on my list. Maybe I'll get some other species practice off the Fraser next year or year after.

If you get out again, post back on how you did.
Well I was out on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday was with a newer angler and we got out 8 and lost a bunch. Limitted out by 10:47. Thursday went out alone and got my first three fairly quickly and was losing a bunch too. I was on an excellent school when a commercial seine fisher actually threatened me and told me to get off the school so they could set their net. So I complied since they're much bigger and I wanted to go for chinook anyways. Tried an hour and a half for chinook for nothing. So dropped back down sockeye gear and within 10 minutes had my limit by just after 11 am. Then Friday went out with another buddy who'd never been ocean fishing before and we got out a bit later and got out 8 fish limit by 2pm. A lot less fish around and had to do some playing around with depths but we still got them.

I think I'm done unless I have time to go out one evening after work maybe tomorrow.

DFO just released an update today and said they are keeping it open but a closure is likely to come within the next two weeks and there will only be a 48 hour notice of closure.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures