View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamShooter View Post
Awesome video quality! Feels like I'm right here with you fishing. Just subbed and I hope to see more of your videos.
Thanks I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
Great video and great fishing.
Sorry if these are stupid questions but I didn't grow up here and have no clue
Aren't these salmon going up the rivers now? I thought they turn red for that but the ones in your video are silver. Do they only turn red once they get closer to the river where they spawned?
Also, we were at the Adams River a few years ago to see how they go up the creeks there and there were people fishing them but only catch&release. One guy told me they don't taste that great once they come up the rivers so people wouldn't keep them because of that. So does one fish for the ones to eat only in the ocean?
Would love to go salmon fishing again, did it once in Sweden and it was a real blast.
I think most of your questions were answered. I find it interesting people were catch and release fishing them in the Adams. From what I've known that is illegal unless there is an open season they usually say no fishing for sockeye. People fish for them on the river as well as the ocean. This year there was an opening on the Tidal portion of the Fraser and the freshwater portion above Mission. The limit was 2 a day above Mission and there were thousands of people lined up daily along the bars catching their limits by bottom bouncing, aka Flossing. Which is basically snagging fish in the mouth. Thats not my cup of tea. I tried one day fishing away from the crowd. Didn't get anything and wont join that gong show again.

There is an interesting Sockeye Salmon Fishery in Osoyoos lake most summers. These fish come all the way up the Columbia river from the USA and you can actually fish for them in the lake with downriggers just like in the ocean with pink hootchies and they do bite! Its great. They are a bit colored up by then but still quite edible.

Check out this video from my first time ever fishing that fishery.

https://youtu.be/oJRnQ3Gjmfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Wow as always awesome vid and a challenge for sure with that amount of rods. Yup those soft mouths and the flop and jump sure make it hard to keep on the line but sometimes that's part of the fun. Wish I was there to help ya . We usually fish for their smaller land locked brethren. The kokanee. Same soft mouth and lose lots but still fun. Keep those vids coming they are great to watch
Yeah we enjoy fishing for kokanee as well in Wood lake and Kalamalka lake in the summer. Lots of fun and tasty. I usually try to find a buddy to go with since it is difficult to run so many rods.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures