View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Oooh boy, don't know how a guy chooses which blade when you head out. Simply beautiful knives....in a perfect world I would pick the S90V with mammoth ivory scales.

That rifle is it a take down WWG?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t have many left. I’ve got a personal issue with owning anything I’m not using so I’m down to a pair of hunting knives. It should be three but I don’t have a caper right now. I kept my first custom because I acquired the cash as a safety award and I’m quite fond of it

And I’ve got that Yukon pro

I had a caping knife

But then I saw this one and decided I needed to replicate it with as close to identical sheep horn as possible so I sold my little caper. And got in line for a little dozier sweetwater like this

Then I’ve got my fillet knife and a couple for edc. For edc I’ve got paramilitary 2’s in cts204p, m390 and s110v and the little native 5 in s110v

That covers everything I need right now with a knife.

The rifle is a 1895 trapper. Just a toy and backup gun when I’m bear hunting.

Price wise, you can get a basic (micarta/some wood scales) Dozier or Crotts for about $210-225 usd so maybe $300 by the time it’s here. I sold most of mine in the $200-300 range and the odd use one pops up here and there. Start adding to a basic knife and the price goes up, that green semi skinner I had with the few changes I made cost me $280 usd with shipping from Dan. Ivory will add $200 to any knife but all of those things are aesthetic and not required if you don’t see the beauty or want to pay for them.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 10-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.