View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 01:41 PM

Hello! My name is Courtney and I come from Beaumont, AB. I'm in the process of purchasing my own acreage and a fair amount of my internet searches have returned results from this forum. You guys seem to be a wealth of knowledge about everything, including how to re-seed an acreage (that was my most recent search, FYI).

To tell you a bit about myself, I'm a country throwback. I was raised in the city, but my parents both come from rural settings. I guess it's in my blood to want to be away from the city and able to see the stars at night. I bought my first house five years ago in Beaumont and will be selling it shortly to purchase land closer to CFB Edmonton. My boyfriend is an active duty soldier, so we need to be close to the base for his "stupid o'clock" timings.

I am a website and graphic designer by trade, and in my spare time, I keep busy with my horses and dogs. I like to restore old saddles and leather tack, and I've recently started distressing and painting cattle skulls. Turns out, there's a niche market for stuff like that.

Anywho... pleased to meet you all!