View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
And yes that head one went in under the antler directly into side of brain, you can see it lifted a lot of material under that super thick hide on that side of his head, under the paddle was a bunch of brain and guck, under the hide the skull has little ins and outs, brain oozing out some of those. I’ll put the skull somewhere to get cleaned up and maybe will get follow up pics down the road and recovered bullet chunks? Should all be in that brain pan. That’s 123 grains of eld-m impacting around 2430 fps, sd.252...for energy guys that’s about 1615 ft/lbs. it dumped it all in there, same with liver and same with that femur. By all accounts he ate every bit of 4850 ft/lbs. No pass through. I knew after one by reaction and how quickly he stopped, turned back and was already not going any further. Seeing that liver damage confirmed why.

Will the 6.5 Grendel compete with a 243 win for 0-300 yrd big game? Looks like that’s a 100% yes to me, might even be preferable...just because of the bigger pill. This combo is all factory, reloaders will get 2650 to 2750 out of it on a 20-24” tubes. That 2550 fps launch from my factory stuff doesn’t get to 2000 fps until 375 yards, still 1100 ft/lbs at that range for the energy guys. Past most normal big game hunting distances.
>>>
Thank you for your detailed explanation. Quite impressing results indeed. Goes to show again, a person does not need a magnum to achieve great results.