View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
How do you haul that ? That is a big girl, must be quite high as well.

Grizz
Hey Grizz. It's pretty easy actually. She's only about 24" tall and the wing pops off in seconds. I strapped down the body in the truck and wrapped the wing at both ends and strapped also. Helps that it doesn't weigh anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm not really familiar with these, so excuse my ignorance, but its designed to be an RC model, but you left the hardware out, and are going to hang it from a wall/ceiling as a display piece? If that's correct, that must be a decent sized engine.

Pretty new to this myself to be honest. It will be hung in the house as a display piece as I have no intention (at this point) of flying it. It is however fully functional in terms of the 'guts'. I have a gas engine in it that doesn't work. I'm uncertain of displacement, etc, but it's not big at all. Smaller than a softball. It's there primarily because it's the easiest way to mount the propeller. Haha. There are five planes here that are all mostly ready to fly. If someone really knew what they were doing, it wouldn't take much to get in the air.

Three are actually outfitted with electric motors. It's a cool hobby but demands a lot of time, patience and money. I have not as of yet found a way to convince those qualities to work together for me at the same time!

Tree