View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:30 PM

OR somebody can't tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly to try and fill his or her tag! Wouldn't be the first time that someone shot a horse and thought it was an elk or shot a caribou thinking it was an elk and the list goes on! OR like many have mentioned poachers! I work in the area and live/travel from Grande Cache and the amount of road traffic in the back country is horrendous! I see all kinds of weird people travelling at all times of the day and night. The theft of all kinds of equipment happens all the time out there. The Kakwa and Smoky river valley's have a very high population of grizz, in fact over the past 5 years I have noticed that the black bear population has diminished while the grizz population has exploded! I know of a couple of cases of grizzlies killing black bears in the area. Just the other night there was a sow grizz and her single cub were roaming around Grande Cache at night, one lady heard some noise/crying in her back yard and a few minutes later she took a few pictures of the cub walking on the street in front of her house, I have not heard if F&W caught them yet or not but the population in this area is high. Just my 2 cents
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.