View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM

x3 ABB

I have no problem with road hunters, as long as they are doing it safe and legal. I've taken my Mom road hunting and it was one of the best hunts of my life. She loves hunting but there is no way she can walk in to some of the places that I hunt. We still see lots of game & we get a chance to hang out and maybe even shoot something.

The same as ABB, I hunt in a variety of ways from back country hiking to using blinds, stands and yes even trucks. There are things that I enjoy about each method but the best part is that I'm hunting. No two people on here are going to hunt the exact same way. We all vary as to the equipment and methods we use to pursue our game & the game itself. Whose to say that a bow hunter is more of a true hunter than a rifle hunter, or sheep hunters are true hunters and duck hunters aren't etc? Let's all go out and have a safe, legal and fun time. Please lets 'eave the slamming of hunters to the anti's.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard