View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
The whole point of POC is that the police would NOT respond alone. There would always be at least 2 members going, and depending on the call preferably 4-6. If we couldn't get the numbers you wait and go in with an RCMP officer or page in another department close by. To meet up before going to the scene.

As for training an initial paid 180 hours. To learn the basics before being allowed to patrol. After that 3 hours a week plus six 8 hour weekends in the first year for a total of 380 hours. An option should also be allowed for those who could take a full time course to do it over 1 month. This is just to get people ready for scenes, their training would continue into the next year with weekly 3 hour training but not have to commit to weekends. All training would be paid at normal wage. This is just a spitball of an idea of how the system could work. Obviously it would be open for consultation. Would definitely want input from both the RCMP and Solicitor General on what they feel would be the best for training needs and where we should focus our training efforts.

And my neighbor just recently got out of the reserves due to the drive, but was with the main force until his retirement. Several people I know would be open to this as a good way to serve the community.
So if my tax dollars are going to pay for something I want a provincial police force. Not people who failed the psych test

I don't see volenteerimg as the way to go. Might work ok. Right up until a shot is fired or there's a chase.... or one of the million what it's that are out there when dealing with liability. There are better options.

Rural crime and justice are pretty much my main concern in provincial politics. I've spoken with Richard Starke about it many times. It's the number 1 call his office gets. I told him straight out that I don't care who it is or what party they belong to. The first person to put crime and justice reform front and center will get my vote in any up coming election.

That's what is impacting the people around me on a daily basis. We are doing what we can.