View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaltor View Post
Rarely take pictures anymore. After hundreds of pics, seen one you've seen them all and do you really go back and look at them all. LOL
Yeah, these days I feel that a great fish picture is more about the kid holding the fish.

For me the memories will be enough and theres a certain pleasure in just keeping a good memory for oneself. Maybe its just me but sometimes the act of showing off the photo has a way of cheapening the experience, as if the true value of a great memory is based on the response of others to the photo.

At one point on opening day I was watching two eagles harass an osprey as I fished, the osprey had a fish in its claws and two eagles were trying to make him drop it. I was watching the show when I felt a thump and heard my drag start going... another nice pike.

That right there was a moment I'll remember for a long time, no picture could have done it justice, and its doubtful that I could really express the perfection of such a moment to anyone else by any means.

Last edited by Bushleague; 05-17-2018 at 08:46 AM.