View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 AM

Very likely we have crossed paths Hay-seeds.

It's easy for those that havent had the chance too drive heavy and medium haul trucks too judge from looking out side in,,, rather from inside out from behind the wheel.

On lookers at times think our big rigs should be up too speed at all time even though the roads look good and the skys are blue.
Is a slow truck factor due too pay load, driver not familiar with that unit in particular, first time driving in that area, the power too get up too speed and hold it there.

How much traffic is occupying the person driving this truck, all the road hazards, getting the long frame truck of 365" wheel base from or 400" long frame too turn the corner with out hitting the lamp post, stop sign, or other vehicles at intersections on left hand turns.

Getting the unit too location or sight facing the right direction so they can back into the staging area too off load.

This is with out ripping down power lines and by not wrecking the unit either.
Weather, drivers abilities, skills, pro active thoughts, advancement thoughts before get too one location. and 1000's of other factors including being partly tired.

Don't forget that none of us humans have never been tired behind of handle bars, steering wheel, joy sticks or standing in front of other work tools.

Alway easy too judge until one spends years and hours in all kinds of conditions across All of our Americas, and do this in heavy haul from Alaska, Mexico, West too East of millions of miles miles.

If folks think they can do any better then those of us that are seasoned, then by all means bring it on.

PM me at any time, and be willing too log on some miles in construction, oil patch, high way hual, fluid, gravel, cattle and most every thing that you see going up and down the roads.

We will chat at first too see if you have what it takes, then we will do some local short 1000 km runs threw out Western Canada before the both of us head too Eastern Canada,,, then will head south along the full length of the Eastern Sea Board.

She's 400 miles of endless cities in the top USA, thins out bellow Washington and Boston, but thinkens up in Georgia too Florida.

When we get back we head too BC too take on the mountains in the winter night skies packing 5 axle logging Wagons off the mountains with tire chains too prevent us from sliding off the glare icy roads.

Long hours my friends as you learn what it takes too do this for 7 too 14 years...

At this point we think we know enough, but at year 20 too 31 we soon realize we need more learning. At 40 too year 50 we soon realize that we only know enough too get us by at driving trucks, running push cats, husky 8's, farm equipment since its "all" related too traffic and driving skills... Most North Americans drive, so do the best you can, and hope that you never deal with the story as above.

From lots too learn Don as every time I turn the key my goal is for me and every person I pass, drive along side of, encounter all get a chance too return home safe and sound.

PS: If we get it right, then we all stand a better chance too reap the rewards of other Hobbies like our out-doors,,, hopefully in good health with out disabilities on account of our selves or by others.

Judge what our actions are is all we can do, waist of time putting our selves in other people shoes as it will not benefit us in the event if things go south.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 04-23-2017 at 08:08 AM.