Thread: slave lake
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 01:49 PM

I have been up to slave last two weeks. Two weeks ago we encountered deep drifts along shore out for 100 yds. In range 16 inch Luckily several large trucks had busted through ahead of us and by following their tracks we got thru ( just) The rest of trip out to shacks ( a km) was pretty hairy as lots of deep drifts. Last wednesday was back out. Someone had punched through shore drifts with small bobcat and km drive out was better if you followed in earlier truck tracks but lake snow was still deep. Was talking to a buddy who lives in Slave lake this past Sunday and is out fishing all the time and he said that they didnt get near the snow that edmonton and south got. He said saturday they got maybe an inch and it was petering off quickly on sunday.
Fishing is really slow up there past few weeks. two saturdays ago me Slave lake buddy said a group of 20 from his work only caught 5 fish whole day. I had to work really hard this past wednesday to get my two mind you one was very close to 6 lbs.