Thread: Eskimo 6120I
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGFISH View Post
The design with the hubs will not allow for bigger doors. I guess you can't always have it all. I am once again unable to post pictures on this site but I used a 10 x 10 insulated tarp with a couple pieces of good one side 3/8" plywood to keep the chairs and cots from poking through and making it non slip. Building a 77" center post now for the middle hub incase snow build up overnight, and I will also mount my battery operated CO detector and a few coat hooks on it.
Yes the 6 sides and small wall sizes is what makes it require small doors. It is also what makes it the best tent in windy situations. We have had ours out in some pretty nasty stuff and it always does great. Just wanted to mention it because like I say we both dislike the doors and are smaller guys. Anyone 250+ would probably have a heck of a time getting into these tents.

As for flooring one of the best secrets I can share is to not shovel the snow away(unless there is lots of snow then shovel it down but leave an inch or two). The bit of snow pack keeps the floor from getting slippery.