View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Etown.... how would you like it if the police did a big blitz on unauthorized handguns and made it protocol to stop anyone and stick there hand up your butt to check for small handguns?
If it saves just one life!!!
Don’t answer my question.

I love how you guys will go to great lengths to prove someone wrong, at the same time not bringing forth any other solutions, and overreaching.

People don’t go around with handguns up their butts. So there is no reason for the police to do that.

But people of all walks of life, still get behind the wheel, when they shouldn’t.

Are you ok with that?
Are you ok knowing that the guy beside you is probably impaired and could cause an accident injuring or killing someone?

People, are inherent liars, and will do anything and say anything when caught doing something they are not supposed to,
Then those same people trying to save face with their peers or family and will always embellish the facts of what really happened.
Instead of accepting their faults, they will always blame the system.
Because it’s easier to put blame elsewhere.
And chances are those same people keep going out and doing what they are not supposed to be doing, get caught and blame the system again.

And round and round it goes, because it’s a revolving door of a system.
Way way more goes on behind the scenes than myself and the majority of the public will ever know.

Personally I don’t think this legislation goes far enough to deter that behaviour.
And isn’t that sad?
That regardless of the punishment, regardless of the consequences, regardless of what police will do,
You will still have people will that false bravado and will still get behind that wheel.

And that my friend is way worse, than the new legislation.

Instead of fighting this legislation we should embrace it and demand that it goes further.
It was put together by a Liberal government.
Let’s see if the PCs will put more teeth into it.