View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Russky View Post
I went a bit farther from Edmonton last weekend, to McLeod Lake in the Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park. The lake has a seawall with park benches on it from which you can fish in comfort. I only got one rainbow (although a decent 14-incher), but some guys around me were popping (mostly smaller) fish out of the water like crazy. I was using shrimp, which didn't seem to be too popular with trout in that lake. The other guys were using Powerbait floating eggs dipped in that scented gooey stuff. Unfortunately, I only had a limited supply of Powerbait nuggets with me...Oh well...
This is my favorite lake, not only is good for fishing but the scenery is great.

I have never come empty-handed there. I suggest to use the longest rod you can find, it will allow you to cast farther away than regular rods. On my experience, it does make a big difference in this lake.

My friends use the same bait/hook setup I have and they catch way less than me in about 5 visits. The only difference is the distance of the cast.