View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 12:06 AM

Fact of the matter is, very few people have the faintest clue what they are doing concerning dogs. A few ill informed comments concerning the intelligence of "pit bull" owners. Yet hardly a soul has bothered to pick up some literature and read up on dogs.

Shortly after I grew thumbs, I started reading. Sometimes voraciously and up to 5 hours a night. I would nearly get through a Hardy Boys novel in a night when I was in grade 4.

My ability to flip through pages has helped me solve problems, further myself, and find out that factoid and bit of knowledge that nags through elusiveness. Will Chet get captured again? Why's Joe Hardy always punching solar plexises?

So when I looked for a family dog, I discounted a lot of dogs through my research. Akitas, did not make the cut. Huskies did not make the cut. Anything crossed with a wolf was not suitable. Chows did not make it either.

I also found that Staffordshire Terriers one of the many breeds that are referred to as a Pit Bull (pay attention, I'm spoon feeding a big hint), score significantly higher on a behavioural compliance index than Labrador Retrievers. This research was affirmed by kennel club dog experts, and not some "apologist" as some of you would like to say. They also score very well as family suitable dogs, by many actual dog experts, and backed up by older literature.

I could paste a page, that about 4% of you would bother to read, but many would dismiss it as "Pitbull apologist literature'', even though it predates any of that by a few decades. Rather you would all reference the same piece of garbage compiled of second hand reports, non verified by neither dog expert, or genetic testing. I am speaking of course, about dogbites.org. Merely a mess collected from paper clippings from the same reporters that confuse semi auto 22 rifles with Armalite select fire guns.

As it gets reported nearly every square headed dog suddenly becomes a pit bull.

Take the test, and post how well you identified the dogs!

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!