View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer99 View Post
Straight these fish are here to stay, and adding another invasive species like the snakehead to control the carp??? WOW!!!

[/B]
Hey Fishslayer99,
I didn't suggest to intoduce a snakehead to control prussian carp, I just mentioned it as it's natural and effective predator.

BTW, I grew up fishing on Chu river in Kyrgyzstan. That river reminds me Bow river - it strarts in mountains and ends in plains. And the are trout and prussian carp (karass) and some other carps live in that river, but they don't compete for food and oxigen. Trout populates upper waters, and carp lives down stream. So you'll never see their areals overlapped. But carp could be good source of food for local predators, like pikes and walleye, otters, eagles and so on. Honestly, I don see any big problem at all. Especially considering that fact that trout in most waters here in Alberta was introduced by humans.

About fishing prussian carp.... it could be really challenging and fun, especially targeting big ones. I really looking forward to fishing for carp and I'll never release them, I promise

Last edited by straight; 04-19-2015 at 07:43 PM.