View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 05:23 PM

I was in the split draw camp previously, and it does seem like that is the preferred option, but all is not well...hearing (second and third hand, so it's worth what you paid for it) rumblings that the allocations are not going to be what any resident hunter hoped for, nor are the waits going to be lower. They are using some rather optimistic success percentages in their calculations, and poor population estimates, among other things. A certain ethnic group is likely going to become a much large factor in game management policy and we know how that plays out for the rest of us.

I don't think any of us, regardless of hunting method of choice, are going to benefit from changes made by antihunting biologists, during the reign of an antihunting government, all done behind closed doors. It should have been done 3 years ago with the previous open process or put off until after the next election.

I really hope I'm wrong. But I'll go on record here saying the vast majority of hunters, of all stripes, are going to wish these changes never happened.